Friday, March 11, 2011

A little explanation

I thought I would take this sleepless night before our March MOPS meeting to explain the title of my blog.
This name came to me several weeks ago which of course followed a night that my kids had cookies for dinner. It just shows how far we've let ourselves go, how far we've come and the grace that covers us all.
Which I know what you're thinking, "I get it shows how far you've let yourself go, but the rest?" Well let me explain...

Since what I think of as "The Big Change" we've had the luxury of eating healthier. We lost a picky eater (among other things I could call him) so our grocery shopping has revolved more around fresh fruits, health drinks & healthier snacks. The deep fryer has been banished to the garage, replaced by my new friend Coffeemaker, and for the most part we've done well in our healthier lifestyle changes. Though we have some indulgences, mainly in the form of little circular bits of happiness- the cookie.

For the most part I've been able to count my blessings and getting through day by day, prayer by prayer, but one particular day I felt so bad- in a nameless "It's just a nasty do nothing day" way that I completely spaced on food. The kids probably wish for more of these kinds of days even if I'd be happy to never see one again.
They had cereal for breakfast, string cheese (that's somewhat healthy, right?) yogurt tubes, and whatever else they could scavenge off the counters & top of the fridge. Around bedtime I realized they had all gotten into the Oreos and that was about the same time I realized they were just going to bed with that as their supper.


And the part about grace? Though it wasn't the best option for dinner that night God knows I needed that day to recharge. I think of this verse from Lamentations 3:22-23. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment