Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oh, how I miss my blog!

So much has happened in the last couple weeks- Trinnie has gotten 3 stitches (Happy Birthday to Me!) and had them removed. Jon's Cub Scouts camped out at Florence Freedom's field, his pack's Harry Potter themed camp-out~ on back to back nights! I attended Thirty-One's National Conference in Columbus, Ohio for 2 amazing nights. I'm feeling much better- refreshed with ideas for my business, and feeling like a clearer version of myself after many months of a fog like state. Leah went to Cumberland College for a mission trip with church and worked on the final stages in rehabbing the football facilities at Jellico High School. She came back a nicer version of herself too.  And on July 17th, we lost a sweet little boy here on earth. Gabe, one of the little guys of a teen mom drowned in his family's back yard pool. He was 2 and he's with Jesus. Very hard week, folks, very hard. And as silly as it sounds, rejoicing over the fact that my favorite author, Jen Hatmaker,  made it home with the first of 2 Ethiopians joining the Hatmaker family. God is good. All the time.
Now I'm getting geared up and into the final madness of preparing for MOPS Convention in Nashville, starting next Wednesday. I will be leaving my kids for 5 days with instructions for them not to kill or maim each other, when their grandma & various friends will be picking up all or some of them, medical releases, &  A LOT of prayer. They will be fine & so will I. Trinnie will be turning 6 while I'm gone and we will be celebrating the following weekend with a "When you give a pig a pancake" Piggy Party.
Then before we know it school will be here! Leah's senior year is done creeping and is now a freight train barreling at us with it's lights right in our faces. Can you tell I'm feeling uncertain in this area? Well, pray for me, friends- I'm teaching Psychology for 9//10th graders and a second AP Psych to 11/12 graders. It'll be the first time for something this big, this important, this so-not-at-our-home teaching I've done. I'm excited for sure, but don't be surprised if I start sleep-blogging stray psychology terms or start layman diagnosing everyone with severe problems.
I plan on adding pictures and writing up a little more about each of the main things I mentioned but I needed to write, even briefly, about all the things running through my head. A glorified list being called a post, if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment